12.16.2009

chocolate on chocolate

what more could you ask for?







baking makes me happy.

***

lately, i have been observing things around me. i know everything surrounding me is reflecting something to me, it just depends on where my attention goes. my girl friend told me that if you linger on something for 17 seconds or more, it definitely has meaning. it's just up to you to interpret that. i'm finding it so much fun to observe my surroundings, me.

i am taking stock of my feelings, the way they slowly bubble up or *bam* are just there, burning flaming, gripping the whole of me.

i am so blessed to have such amazing friends. they teach me so much. as do my daughters. i love the way i have surrounded myself recently with these beings of light, who do not hesitate to radiate their truth and hearts with such grace. we are all finding our way, but it is so much easier to do it together. knowing i have this fills me with gratitude.

***

i pull my legs up under me in a butterfly, and slide my white notebook onto my lap. next to me, in his torn levis and jean-colored waffle shirt, he reaches for me with one hand and eats a cookie with the other. always touching, it's something that we do naturally, even if it's only our feet. Bub and Pea spread out next to us, and laugh infeciously at the Grinch's little dog with the branch in his head. Bub makes popcorn and the pup tries to eat it. Pea wiggles incessantly and for me, time slows down a little. i stop and let it fill me. this moment, a snapshot of my life, perfect in its imperfection.

what more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment